Corporate Finance Internship
Squarefield is the leading corporate finance advisor exclusively committed to clients in the Food, Beverage & Agri (“FB&A”) sector. Since our founding in 2008, we have been providing our clients with services related to Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Advisory and Corporate Advisory. We value our long-term relationships with our clients and lever our unrivalled sector knowledge to grow alongside them. We assist entrepreneurs, private equity investors, family businesses and (listed) corporates every step of the way, on strategic- or corporate matters, debt- or equity raises, and on both sell- and buy-side transactions ranging from EUR 20m – EUR 500m.
We are an internationally oriented boutique, with a team of more than 20 professionals across our offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Antwerp. We look beyond geographical borders, and our expertise spans the entire FB&A value chain; from large commodity traders to food producers and well-known consumer end-products you come across in your everyday life such as Bertolli, Vivera and Johma.
Working at Squarefield
At Squarefield, we are always on the lookout for talent. We continuously offer internship and analyst opportunities for ambitious students who are working towards, or already completed, their master’s degree. Working at Squarefield gives you the opportunity to develop your corporate finance knowledge and skillset within the rapidly changing and ever-challenging FB&A environment. We offer the opportunity to gain hands-on experience by assisting on both business development efforts and (international) live deals in cross-functional teams at one of our offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt or Antwerp. Being an intern at Squarefield means becoming part of our team, by participating in all team meetings and -events, and working directly with analysts, associates, directors, and partners.
Squarefield is looking all year-round for ambitious students and graduates who are working towards, or already completed, their master’s degree to join our team as an intern in Antwerp (Nieuw Zuid).
Working at Squarefield gives you the opportunity to develop your corporate finance knowledge and skillset within the rapidly changing and ever-challenging FB&A environment. You will become comfortable in an entrepreneurial and flat organisation whose clients include the most renowned companies and brands within the international FB&A industry. Our teams in Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Antwerp allow you to work on international deals and in crossfunctional teams. Being an intern at Squarefield means becoming part of our team, by participating in all team meetings and -events, and working directly with analysts, associates, directors, and partners.
What is it in for you?
▪ Gain hands-on experience at the leading FB&A corporate finance advisor
▪ Multi-faceted experience by working on live deals, business development efforts, presentations, and financial models
▪ Be one of the first team members who will support the establishment of the Belgiumbased activities of Squarefield and get a grasp of the responsibilities and tasks it entails
▪ Develop yourself into an all-round corporate finance professional (in both M&A and capital advisory)
▪ Be part of an eager team spread across Antwerp, Amsterdam and Frankfurt, composed of a mix of young and seasoned professionals, which will highly value your contribution
▪ Opportunity to visit Squarefield’s other offices in Amsterdam and Frankfurt for leisure or when work requires
▪ Enjoy office drinks and other out-of-office activities such as off-sites, dinners, etc.
▪ Remuneration in line with the market
What are we looking for?
▪ You are working towards, or already completed, a master’s degree in (business)
economics or finance. Other degrees will be considered if you can demonstrate
experience in, or affinity with, corporate finance
▪ You have an outstanding academic track record with strong analytical, commercial, and
social skills. Previous internship/work experience is an advantage, as well as extracurricular activities
▪ You possess strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Dutch
▪ You have a proactive attitude and are a team player, with a strong commitment to
▪ You work independently and show a high level of taking initiative
▪ You have proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
▪ You are available full-time for a minimum of 4 months
A Squarefield-mentor will assist and accompany you during your internship, ensuring you will
experience every aspect of our offered services. We intend to challenge you, and we work
from the perspective of offering qualifying interns a permanent position with the firm.
The internship will become available, starting from 2023 onwards. Please send your resume,
motivation, grade list and availability to HR@SQUAREFIELD.COM if you are interested to