Imagine investing in start-ups, SME’s, larger companies, and PE Funds, in Food & Agri, Healthcare,
Sustainability, and Fintech, contributing to Rabobank’s key strategic pillars, and creating impact. You
will help to make it happen. Especially because, as one of our Interns, you will assist in originating
and executing new equity investments that are visible and essential for the Rabobank Group. We are
a hands-on investor and you will be part of a non-hierarchical diverse team, full of energy and
ambition where teamplay and supporting each other to make the next step is essential.
You and your job
Rabo Investments (‘RI’) is the captive investment arm of Rabobank, supportive to the mission:
Growing A Better World Together. RI consists of four teams: Ventures (7fte), Corporate Venturing
(7fte), Private Equity (12fte) and Fund & Co-investments (9fte). RI is labelled as one of the growth
initiatives of Rabobank, with the goal to grow assets under management from c. EUR 2bn to over
EUR 3bn. We invest over EUR 300m per year in innovative growth companies and funds around the
world that accelerate the transitions the bank focuses on. Our core focus is Food & Agri (direct as
well as funds), besides we invest in Sustainability (mainly Energy Transition), we do strategic
investments in Fintech, and we have Healthcare investments in our portfolio. Throughout all these
sectors we focus on ESG alignment and portfolio management.
As our Intern, you will become part of our pool of Analysts, Trainees, and Interns, from which you’ll
work with all four investments teams. You will be able to perform activities throughout the entire
investment process, learn about the four different types of investments and all the sectors we cover,
in order to develop a broad skillset in investments.
- Be part of the deal team, assisting in origination and execution of new transactions;
- Assist in portfolio management by preparing relevant materials and analyses;
- Contribute to RI’s strategic projects
- Help to develop quick scans and investment proposals to be put forward to the Investment
- Conducting strategic/market studies, sector deep dives and target identification
Facts & Figures
- Working in a team with ~40 colleagues;
- Become part of a large investment firm, with over EUR 2bn of assets under management;
- Work with 4 different investment teams
Together we achieve more than alone
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Rabo Investments team brings talented people
together to make a difference for all the companies we invest in. We provide equity, but seek to add
value in a broader sense, truly helping our companies to grow in a sustainable way.
Rabo Investments is part of Rabobank, a cooperative Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries with
over 9,500,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners, we stand side
by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands
we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business. We
believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people’s differences is what makes us an even
You and your talent
- Working level or 4th year of university in Netherlands/Europe, preferably with a background in
finance/economics, innovation, strategy, business, engineering or quantitative studies;
- Strong team player, with commercial drive to work directly with companies and funds
- Self-starting, pro-active communication, and the ability to work independently are important
- Basic modelling, structuring and financial analysis skills and interest
- Exposure/affinity to Food & Agri, Sustainability, Healthcare, or Fintech sectors is a plus;
- Internship or working experience in VC/PE, M&A practice or strategy consulting is preferred
This is what we offer you, next to your salary & benefits
- A PE market conform salary for an intern;
- A combination of working from home and at the office;
- Internship duration of 4 months
Our team is growing fast, so this vacancy has the potential to transition into a full time roll upon
completion, if you exceed our expectations.
You and the job application process
Reply to the vacancy for Rabo Investments – Intern at Rabobank with your brief motivation letter and
CV, and university transcripts.
- Any questions about the job content? Contact Laura Alberga Berendsen, Director via
email@example.com and Peter Jansen, Analyst firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy