Private Equity Internship
Are you looking to gain working experience after your academic career in Private Equity in Brussels?
At Sofindev Private Equity Partners we can offer you that unique opportunity for a period of at least 3
months! As an intern, you’ll be able to develop yourself in a challenging environment as part of an
open and no-nonsense experienced team of investment professionals.
For three decades, Sofindev has been an established value in the investment landscape. We invest in
small and medium-sized enterprises in the Benelux region with a view to creating meaningful value
through real partnerships with entrepreneurs. Our small and dynamic team of 11 investment
professionals has a very broad experience: ranging from international M&A advisory, investment
banking and private equity to consulting and executive management.
At Sofindev, above all, there is a human approach, a team spirit, an open and transparent
communication, a common-sense and no-nonsense climate.
How we aim to make your internship meaningful:
At Sofindev you will have the opportunity to work independently in a fun and pleasant working
atmosphere with room for your own initiative, while at the same time you will be guided where
necessary in the following tasks:
- You will learn to identify and map key market trends
- You will conduct market research and screen potentially attractive service and industry
- You will perform competitive analysis
- You will identify potential add-on investment opportunities
- You will assist in valuation and modelling of potential investment opportunities
- You will be involved in supporting the management team of our current portfolio
Which competences we expect from you:
- You are recently graduated in a Master course with an analytical and financial focus,
preferably with a first intern or working experience in e.g. M&A
- You have shown excellent performance in your academic or extra-curricular track record
- You have an analytical mindset and have an inquisitive attitude
- You are able to study and assess market, business-specific and financial information
- You are proficient in Microsoft Excel and PPT
- You are eager to learn and motivated
- You are a team player with strong communication skills
- You have a can-do attitude and have positive energy
Due to our investment focus on the Belgian and Dutch SME market, we have a strong preference for
candidates that have a Dutch mother tongue.
You are available for at least 3 months, an extended internship duration is possible after evaluation.
Is all this part of your DNA?
Then you are a high potential candidate! Send us your CV, cover letter and your availability in an email to email@example.com. After a first screening you will be invited for an interview where your
fit in the Sofindev team will be assessed.