Private Equity Internship
About Argos Wityu (www.argos.wityu.fund)
Argos Wityu is an independent European private equity firm founded in 1989 with offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Geneva, Frankfurt, Milan, and Luxembourg and is fully owned and operated by its partners. As an entrepreneurial and business-minded investment fund, we take majority stakes in medium-sized companies across Europe and currently manage €1.4bn in AUM via two strategies: Argos Mid-Market and Argos Climate Action.
Argos Mid-Market: we invest €30-100m equity tickets across all industries in companies valued between €50-250m. Our focus is primarily on transformational opportunities incl. management buy-in, carve-out, and complex shareholder situations, favouring business transformation and growth before leverage.
Argos Climate Action: we invest €10-50m equity tickets aimed at shaping European sustainable leaders by making their ‘grey-to-green’ transition. Fundraising is ongoing for this European Article 9 impact buyout fund.
Our approach is characterized by a close relationship with management teams, entrepreneurial spirit, transparency, and a strong sense of social responsibility. Over the past 30 years, we operated 8 funds carrying out 90+ platform transactions.
In 2013 we opened the Brussels office, currently supported via 6 investment professionals. Since then, we executed 5 platform (3 NL, 2 BE) and 22 add-on acquisitions in the region. Given the strong performance and high deal flow, we opened an Amsterdam office in Jul’23.
You will work with an international team in the Benelux, and will be given the opportunity to be an integral part to all aspects of our day-to-day work in a tight-knit team of investment professionals.
- Deal execution: support the team in execution of investment opportunities through
- Analysing markets, competition, strategy, and other components in deal opportunities
- Preparation and presentation of financial models and analyses
- Valuations exercises incl. comparable transactions, listed comparable companies and modelling
- Support due-diligence processes and preparation of internal documentation to defend the opportunity
- Proprietary sourcing: support sourcing through market research, company screening, and industry mapping.
- Portfolio: ad-hoc tasks to support management teams of portfolio companies in key questions and value creation.
- Education: Master student; business/econ/ finance studies preferred; others considered based on experience
- Language skills: Dutch (fluency highly preferred), English; with French viewed as beneficial for Brussels role
- Research & analytical skills: ability to synthesize and process data and identify underlying trends / identify insight
- Transaction experience: exposure to (parts of) the M&A cycle or PE via a internship valuable
- Team player: we work and play as a team. You should have strong communication skills and a positive can-do attitude
- The internship will allow you to experience the challenge of working in a pan-European private equity fund
- Multi-strategy investment exposure (both Mid-Market and Climate Action) with an expanding PE platform
- Joining a high impact and sustainability & ESG-oriented investor – a chance to make a tangible contribution
- Multi-country role with time spent on Dutch and Belgian transactions (and international portfolio company setting)
- High level of responsibility and autonomy: a place to develop and grow during an internship cycle
- Guidance and mentoring through a flat team structure
- Access to training and professional development resources
Location, Duration & Application
- Minimum of 4 months. We hire interns throughout the year with preference given to those with longer timeframes
- Role based out of Brussels or Amsterdam
- If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org