Private Equity Internship
Are you the excellence we are looking for?
Baltisse is active in private equity (PE) through a diverse portfolio of companies. Baltisse PE commits to support management teams in realizing their growth ambitions. We do so by bringing to the table not only capital, but also an entrepreneurial mindset, strategic thinking & hands-on support. We deploy our industrial background & operational mindset to create partnerships with management teams & advisors to accelerate growth and achieve excellence!
Baltisse PE is a team of 6 professionals combining entrepreneurial leadership, consulting, international M&A and financing expertise. Our modern offices are located in Ghent
What will you do?
You will work in a challenging private equity environment allowing you to turn theory into practice:
- You assist in assessing new investment opportunities, analyse companies, (sub)sectors and competitive landscapes to support lead generation and investment decisions primarily focused on the Benelux region;
- You assist throughout the full acquisition process (i.e. due diligence, preparation of discussion materials for internal & external use); and
- You support investment managers with the follow-up of existing portfolio companies (analysis of financial & operational KPIs) and add-on opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
In one word: excellence! In our view, this means top performing students & young graduates who are eager to gain practical experience in private equity.
- You are in your last year of postgraduate studies or have just graduated (obtained a master’s degree – master of science in business or civil engineering, applied economics, etc.) and willing to kick-start your career;
- You have shown exceptional performance (either academic or extra-curricular);
- You have a strong analytical mindset and are proficient in Excel and crafting clear messages (effective PowerPoint slides is a plus);
- You have strong financial knowledge, broad socio-economic interest and multi-lingual (English / Dutch / French) – Dutch is a spoken at the office;
- Previous internship experiences is a plus, not a must; and
- Above all, you are a team player, pragmatic, fluent communicator and a fun, positive person to work with.
We seek to achieve a win-win, so what do we offer you?
- We offer you an internship opportunity to gain insights and working experience in the private equity industry (not like the books or movies, but how is it really like);
- You will be a true member of our team, with own responsibilities & accountability, able to take initiative, and guided where needed;
- We will invest time to train you & hone your professional skills; and
- Remuneration in line with applicable employment law in Belgium
If you can free yourself for a minimum of 3 months (preferably even longer), then you can send your resume, cover letter & your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. After a screening of your motivation & skills, interviews will be organized with PE team members
Looking forward to meeting you!