Private Equity Internship
About Argos Wityu
Argos Wityu (www.argos.wityu.fund) is an independent European private equity firm with offices in Brussels, Paris, Geneva, Frankfurt, Milan, and Luxembourg and is fully owned and operated by its 14 Partners. As an entrepreneurial and business-minded investment fund, they take majority stakes in medium-sized companies across Europe and currently manage €1.5bn in assets under management.
They invest for majority stakes across all industries in companies valued between €25-250m with a primary focus on complex transactions incl. management buy-in, management buy-out, carve-out, and complex shareholder situations, favouring business transformation and growth before leverage. Argos’ approach is characterized by a close relationship with management teams, an entrepreneurial spirit, transparency, and a strong sense of social responsibility. Over the past 30 years, they operated 8 funds and carried out more than 80 platform transactions.
In May 2013, the firm opened its Brussels office, with the ambition to target the Benelux market. Since then, they executed 5 platform transactions in the Benelux and 22 add-on acquisitions for Benelux investments (also outside Benelux) or European portfolio companies expanding into our region. Their local Benelux team currently consists of 6 investment professionals.
Argos Wityu is currently looking to reinforce its local Brussels, Belgium-based investment team with Private Equity Interns. As an Intern, you will be part of a team of 3 Partners, 2 Managers, and 1 Analyst. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside the investment professionals and will be involved in most aspects of our day-to-day work.
- Deal execution: Support the investment professionals in execution of investment opportunities through
o Analysing markets, competition, strategy, and other components in deal opportunities
o Preparation and presentation of financial models and analyses
o Valuations exercises incl. comparable transactions, listed comparable companies and modelling
o Support due-diligence processes
- Proprietary sourcing: Support deal origination through market research and company screening
o Research company & transaction databases to create company profiles and present to the investment team
o Map markets and sub-sectors to identify potential investment opportunity areas
- Portfolio: Ad-hoc tasks to support management teams of portfolio companies in key questions and value creation
- Education: Master student with outstanding academics. Business/econ/management/finance studies preferred
- Language skills: English (fluency mandatory)/ Dutch (fluency highly preferred – reading mandatory)/ French
- Research & analytical skills: Ability to synthesize and process data and identify underlying trends / identify insight
- Character: Interesting, motivated, and ambitious individuals with high curiosity – this is a role with a steep learning
curve. We do not expect you to be an expert at financial models or investing but do expect a willingness to learn!
- Team player: We work and play as a team. You should have strong communication skills and a positive can-do
attitude. Moreover, we look for someone to enjoy lunch or a drink with as much as crack a difficult question.
- Self-starter: Although you are part of a team, we expect high levels of initiative and an independent work attitude
- The internship will allow you to experience the challenge of working in a pan-European private equity fund
- Multi-faceted learning opportunities through market research, investment screening, and deal cycle exposure
- Guidance and mentoring through a flat organisation structure – our doors are always open
- Access to training and professional development resources
Location, Duration & Application
- Minimum of 4 months. We hire interns throughout the year with preference given to those with longer timeframes.
- Role based out of Brussels. Part-time employment (with a minimum of 3 days per week) could be discussed.
- If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.